Thursday, November 19, 2009

wedding anticipation


J called to ask me my shoe size today in preps for skiing in Waskesiu during our wedding week. This made both of us SO excited as we really love to x-ski and just renting the boots made our simple hearts soar. We talked about reading in front of the fire, watching trashy tv to make up for a lack of television at home and of course, skiing.


We've booked an extra night at the hotel to keep us together after the wedding for as long as
Photo of waskesiu's trails from www.waskesiu.org website
possible. So we have the wedding on the 29th, then the 30th and New Years Eve at the hotel, hoepfully enjoying some groomed ski trails. We head back to Saskatoon on the 1st where we will help sort out the last details for the reception at the Western Development Museum Jan 2nd.
The dress is the saddest thing I've ever seen, but I realize the material, consumer world of finding happiness in "things", even a wedding dress, is full of disappointment. So I will do my best to shine from the inside that day, besides, Justin wouldn't notice if I walked down the aisle in my lulus I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment