Tuesday, September 22, 2009

gangs

Shot in the street, his brother is dead.
He is injured, but not in the head.
No, he remains, controlling my friend,
Who keeps hoping she can contend,
With his chaos and gangs, raising their baby.

I know she will stay, but i wish she would leave.
"Take Back the Night", when inside I grieve.
Cuz our homes are not safe, I worry for them.
I didn't leave, I waited for him

He had to leave before I spoke,
To show all the bruises, and the rib that he broke.
How can I hope that she'll be unique,
When I held on long, when I was too weak?

She says she'll be strong,
But it's been that way too long.
I blame myself for the danger she's in,
I feel defeated, that she will not win.


When women fight wars,
We lose even more,
Guns are for men, we have more in our seed.
When women have power, their softness will lead.

So this war she is fighting, I can't hope she will win,
He must leave first, or die like his kin.
One day she might rule, but she'll never win.

No comments:

Post a Comment